ok … i know my blog here is of few words, and more visually focused. on top of that, although it is called mac man for men, i hardly post about mac stuff although i am a mac fan boy i have to admit. well, let me do some updates here.
- 3G is almost definitely coming out this year. most the rumors have it as being announced in june and may be up to sep before being in stores.
- rumors of both 3G in australia and singapore. australia might even have it without being tied to one carrier.
- 3 models, 8gb, 16gb, 32gb from US399 to US599. (just nice the SGD is strengthening against the green bucks)
- it might actually be 3.5G.
- GPS could be built in. hint of altitude info in the SDK.
- thinner that current model.
- SDK also hinted bluetooth AD2P (my most waited missing feature).
- rumors have it that the macbook is going alu. no more white and black plastics. i bet it will also be thinner.
- casing redesign for macbook and macbook pro to be more inline with the iMac and macbook air design.
- while there are rumors of a full multi touch pad instead of a keyboard, i think the design it too advance for mass market for now.
macbook air updates
- very happy with my air lately. besides having installed coolbook controller, i think the latest most significant improvement was seen with the firmware update from apple. the air seems cooler and i have not experienced and hanging and freezing recently. although a bit slow but i can almost entirely use only the air without touching my pro now.
- some stuff like ripping dvd and converting movies into iphone format is still much faster on the pro. the pro having 4gb also makes it much faster on parallels when i do my work that involves database programming.
- finally i am beginning to see cases for the air and accessories. got the wrist protector and the casing guard. still not found a nice casing yet. saw one but wasnt sure if i needed it. kind of broke this month as well. 14 more days to pay day.